The Sims 3’s latest expansion isn’t entirely ambitious, but it’s loaded with great new content and goofball charm.
The Sims 3 Ambitions allows players to control their sims while they are at work in a variety of new careers. Instead of sending your sims off to work all day, The Sims 3 Ambitions lets you pick a career like firefighting, investigator, architect, ghost hunter, stylist, or doctor and then guide your sim to make choices and succeed (or fail) every step of the way. You can also make your sim a tattoo artist, sculptor, or inventor.
- New town: Twinbrook
- New creature: Servo. Servos are built by Sims who have inventing skills.
- New mode: Renovation Mode is a variation of Build and Buy Modes and used by the architect to remodel for clients
- New Build mode abilities: modify the pitch of individual roof sections and add multistory columns.
- 3 new skills:
- Sculpting: Sims can create sculptures out of ice, metal, clay and wood whilst another Sim poses for them. (Previously seen in The Sims: Bustinâ€™ Out)
- Inventing: There seems to be a wide variety of inventions. Servos are back, along with a time machine. Sims get scraps for inventions from scrapyards, a new type of lot, or by blowing things up.
- Tattooing: Players are taken to the tattoo editor where they can choose tattoos with up to five layers, modify their colors, change the size, modify the opacity, and select where to place it: upper, lower, or full back, neck, ankle, chest, stomach, wrist, shoulder, bicep, or forearm. (Previously seen in The Sims 2 for PS2).
- Control Simâ€™s actions and interactions while theyâ€™re on the job.
- According to a member of The Sims 3 staff, Sims will even be able to manage their careers to an extent while the player is not controlling them.
- On-the-job choices now change the town and affect other Sims as well. Players modify the townâ€™s structure as an architect or set neighborhood fashions as a stylist.
- 6 new jobs (not counting skill careers): architect, doctor, firefighter, ghosthunter, private investigator, and stylist. Contrary to popular belief, Sculpting, Inventing and Tattooing are new skills, not new jobs.
- New lifetime wishes: Home Design Hotshot (earn a high number of great architecture reviews), Descendant of da Vinci (master painting, sculpting and inventing), Super Stylist (reach top of stylist career), Unknown (save a large number of Sims from death in a fire), Unknown (solve a large number of private investigator cases)
- New Lifetime rewards: Fireproof your home, Career cash booster, Artisan crafter (boosts value of invented/sculpted items)
- Earthquakes are set to appear in this game
- New objects: fire engine vehicle, personal fire extinguisher, detonation packs, tattoo chair, lockpicking kit, trampoline.
o Collect scrap from the junkyard, and broken objects for inventing
- New upgrades
- New traits: Savvy, Eccentric, Dramatic, Environmentally Conscious, and Perceptive.
- Addition of the consignment shop a place for Simâ€™s to sell their own items (collectibles, sculptures, etc.)
- Ability to register at City Hall to be self employed in a “Skill Career” for writers, fishermen, and gardeners.
- Overhauled real-estate system that lets the player purchase and upgrade any community lot building.
- In a French language interview it was stated that Sims would be able to do laundry (“lessive”).
- There is a possibility that satellites will return, or that there will be new meteor showers. Balls of fire falling from the sky were depicted in the second trailer, however this may have been for dramatic effect rather than an upcoming feature.
Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
1.5 GB RAM
graphic card 256 MB (GeForce 6800 or better)
6.1 GB HDD
Windows XP SP2/Vista SP1.
Total Size:4.25 GB