Minecraft is a sandbox-building independent video game written in Java originally by Swedish creator Markus “Notch” Persson and now by his company, Mojang, formed from the proceeds of the game.Minecraft is focused on creativity and building, allowing players to build constructions out of textured cubes in a 3Dworld. Gameplay in its commercial release has two principal modes: Survival, which requires players to acquire resources themselves and maintain their health and hunger; and Creative, where the player has an unlimited supply of resources, the ability to fly, and no concept of health or hunger. A third gameplay mode, named Hardcore, is essentially the same as Survival, but the difficulty is locked on the hardest setting and respawning is disabled, forcing the player to delete his or her world upon death. An outdated Classic version is also available for free, although it is no longer being developed. Creative Minecraft resembles Classic, but with many more features.
- Amount of Experience Orbs dropped by a player on death now limited
- On death, a proper score is given based on how many experience orbs the player has collected.
- You can toggle between three states when pressing F5 (first person, third person back, third person front), having the addition of 3rd person view from the front
- Ender Pearls have a unique ability.When thrown, the player will teleport to the Ender Pearl’s impact location, but take 2 and 1/2 hearts of fall damage
- Fences no longer block you from moving onto their space. You can now stand next to them, like you can with glass panes and iron bars.They will also connect to solid blocks.
- New sound effects, including: Chest sound, Door/Gate sound, Bow Sound, Enderman sound, Silverfish sound, Explosion sound, Egg sound, eating sound, sound when XP orbs are collected, sound of bones cracking after fall damage is taken, sound of a broken tool.
- new items(Ghast Tear,Blaze Rod,Nether Wart,Gold Nugget,Glass Bottle,Spider Eye,Fermented Spider Eye,Blaze Powder,Magma Cream,Glistering Melon,Eye of Ender)
- Finished Biome code and new Biomes.
- CPUÂ : Intel P6/NetBurst Architecture or its AMD Equivalent (AMD K6)
- RAMÂ : 256MB
- GPUÂ : ATI Rage or GeForce 256 with OpenGL 1.2 Support
- HDDÂ : At least 90MB for Game Core and Sound Files
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 and up is required to be able to run the game.