Click on any screenshot to enlarge it.
Arena Wars manages to rise above some serious problems to offer fresh, fun gameplay that can challenge you both strategically and tactically.
Arena Wars (AW) is a completely new kind of 3D Real Time Strategy game, combining the gameplay principles and interface from RTS games with the fast pace of action-based shooters.
There are 3 different game modes:
- Capture the Flag
- Bombing Run
- Double Domination.
In AW the goal is not simply to destroy the enemy’s base or units. To score points in the various scenarios you must complete objectives that range from stealing the enemy flag, carrying a bomb into your enemy’s base or seize and hold Domination zones for a period of time. The winner is the player who satisfies that particular game’s objectives. For example, in a Capture the Flag game with a ‘capture limit’ of 5, the winner is the first player to capture 5 enemy flags.
- 6 Single player tournaments with over 60 individual missions.
- Innovative resource/unit/power-up management and deployment system.
- 6 different unit types; each with specific attributes, strengths, and upgrade abilities.
- Multiplayer via LAN and Internet for up to 8 players and 4 observers per game with Advanced Chat Server.
- Dedicated Arena Wars Server for online gaming.
- Play 2 vs. 2 standalone missions cooperatively with your ally via LAN or Internet.
- Replays in a quality you have never seen before: save the full game for complete playback, including every player’s mouse and screen positions from the whole game. Observer views and even all voice and web cam data can be stored in the compact replay format.
- Supports real-time voice communication (via headset), and video (via web cam) enabling, for example, communication with all team members in a 4 vs. 4 game!
- 3 different game modes: Capture The Flag (CTF), Bombing Run (BR), and Double Domination (DD)
- Huge range of power-ups: Give your units advanced abilities, protect them, damage and immobilize enemy units…
- Special abilities for all units, including flying and teleportation
- Upgrades for all units, creating more strategic possibilities
- 3 different terrain sets (grassland, desert, volcano), all displayed using a fast and highly detailed 3D engine
- Includes an easy to use, intuitive map editor. The exact same one used to build the game.
- Import your own player logos.
- Beginner friendly user interface.
- Beginner tutorials: Easy to learn – Hard to Master.
- Unscripted artificial intelligence plays at a very high level, is never predictable, and can play on any map (retail or custom!). A vast range of AI settings and behavioral traits to select from.
- Play AW in any resolution your monitor can display! Default resolution: 1024×768 (but will display anything from 320×240 to 2048×1576 and more!). A host of graphic options are available to improve performance and make AW perfectly playable, even on less powerful machines.
Pentium 2-class CPU
4MB 3D card
200MB hard drive space
Pentium 4-class CPU
64MB 3D card
Online Multiplayer – Versus: 8